Latest Posts

[Quickie Review] The Maze Runner by James Dashner


Synopsis:
"If you ain't scared, you ain't human."

When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his name. He's surrounded by strangers--boys whose memories are also gone.

Outside the towering stone walls that surround the Glade is a limitless, ever-changing maze. It's the only way out--and no one's ever made it through alive.

Then a girl arrives. The first girl ever. And the message she delivers is terrifying.


Woah. I totally did not expect the ending to take that turn.

The premise of the book really captivated me from the beginning. They're in a maze that they need to escape from and they have no memory prior to it. The book kept me really engrossed the entire time because I have an insatiable curiosity and I really wanted to know what the maze was and how they got in there.

James Dashner did really well with the world building. You can easily tell that there was a lot of thought put into the creation of the maze and how it all works. That being said, not all the mysteries are solved in this book and I'm really curious to see what Thomas and gang have to go through next.

I really liked Newt's character. He was interesting and easily a good leader to the group. Thomas annoyed me in the beginning and I just wished he could have just shut up sometimes and learned things through observation.

I don't feel like this is one of those books that is so amazing that I'll rave about it to anyone who'll listen, but it's pretty great in it's own right. Anyways, I am excited to read the next one, The Scorch Trials.

post signature

Comments

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)