Latest Posts

[Review] We Were Liars by e.Lockhart


ABOUT

Title: We Were Liars

Author: E.Lockhart

Series: N/A

Publisher: Random House

Release Date: May 13th 2014

Get it here: Indigo Amazon BookDepository

GoodReads Page
Synopsis: 
A beautiful and distinguished family.
A private island.
A brilliant, damaged girl; a passionate, political boy.
A group of four friends—the Liars—whose friendship turns destructive.
A revolution. An accident. A secret.
Lies upon lies.
True love.
The truth.

We Were Liars is a modern, sophisticated suspense novel from National Book Award finalist and Printz Award honoree E. Lockhart.

Read it.
And if anyone asks you how it ends, just LIE

One of the easiest 5 out of 5 snowflakes I've ever given. 

This book is about fairytales and puppies and rainbows and kittens and food and summer and beauty. It is all these things. Totally and completely.



This book man. THIS BOOK. I reccomend you read it, highly reccomend you do so. Ugh. Like John Green's blurb on the cover, this book is really unforgettable. Incredibly so.

This book's writing is incredibly beautiful and so poetic. There are bits in it in which it almost seems as if it's a poem and it's so lyrical that I can't even. It's unlike any contemporary that I've read before and I think this book might have wrecked me for the readathon that's happening right now, because honestly, I have no words to express how I'm feeling about this book right now.

The characters are absolutely incredible. Each one of the Liars is flawed and interesting and intriguing and so real. Incredibly real.

I can't tell you what this book is about, but I can tell you that We Were Liars will make your heart ache, tears fall, or perhaps fill you with anger. The reasoning for these emotions, you'll just have to find out by reading the book.

And so because I'm not going to tell you what this book is about outside from the synopsis, here are some beautiful quotes from this beautiful book:
"I spun violently into the sky, raging and banging stars from their moorings, swirling and vomiting."

"It is possible that we enjoy the way people are curious about us."

"This island is ours. Here, in some way, we are young forever."

"These days she is a gnarled crone, touching the raw flesh of my brain with her cruel fingernails."

"He was a person who couldn't fake a smile but smiled often. He wrapped my wrists in white gauze and believed wounds needed attention. He wrote on his hands and asked me my thoughts. His mind was restless, relentless. He didn't believe in God anymore and yet he still wished that God would help him." 
That last one is one of my absolute favourites because there's a certain rhythm to it that makes it really beautiful.

Also, forgot to mention, this book itself is incredibly beautiful.



I've heard people say that the hype for this book killed it for them and made it not as good, so I think mostly just disregard my praise everything rants about this book and everyone else's, and just read the book if the synopsis makesyou so curious about what's going to happen.

But anyways, read this book, and if anyone asks you the ending, just lie. ;D

Happy reading you beautiful liars.
post signature

Comments

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)