Latest Posts

[HAUL] June Book Haul!





What did I say? What did I say. I obviously have no self control whatsoever. Clearly. Most of these books I bought super cheap from the yard sale that I volunteer at every year. This year I had the luck of working at the book tent (MUAHAHAHA). I only spent $11 CAD on the first stack of books and spent $22 on the bottom stack in celebration of graduation. I am really hoping for a small stack of books in July and maybe one in August. Oh geez.

The books i got this month are:

  • To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  • Bury Your Dead by Louise Penny
  • The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer
  • Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling
  • The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith
  • Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy by John LeCarré 
  • The Program by Suzanne Young
  • Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
  • Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
  • Eragon by Christopher Paolini 
  • The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa
  • Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
  • The Shadow Society by Marie Rutkoski 
And obviously I have stories of most of these books as always.

I've read TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD as part of an English course and I adored the book, but I didn't have a copy. I was planning on getting it, but when I saw this copy at the sale, I obviously had to pick it up. It's a really pretty 50th Anniversary edition too! 

I honestly don't know too much about what BURY YOUR DEAD is about, I just read the back and saw that it was a crime novel set in Quebec, Canada and I knew that it would probably be interesting, so I stuck it in the bag. The yard sale was selling books for whatever you can fit into a bag for $6 at the end. I went home and looked this book up and it's something like the sixth in a series? Woops. 

I do own a copy of THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE but it's so majorly wrecked. I don't even know what happened to it. It's all waterlogged and falling apart. I grabbed this the moment I saw this book being put on the table. I needed to replace my old, dying copy. And thankfully now I do. 

Costco has some majorly cheap books man. It's so tempting all the time! THE CUCKOO'S CALLING was being sold at Costco for $10 CAD and I couldn't resist. It's a crime novel written by J.K. Rowling. Seriously. How can I resist? Luckily enough my parents got it for me since I was there with them and I didn't have to pay for it myself. (Huzzah!) 

You might be saying, Ri. You already have a review up of THE PROGRAM by Suzanne Young. Why are you getting another copy? That's because I don't have a copy. I read it on PulseIt, a website that Simon and Schuster run and sometimes let you read their books for free on it. This book was on Chapters/Indigo for $5 and since I loved it I thought, why not? (Psssst. I love you Chapters/Indigo. Don't die on me like Borders did in the States.) 

I'm interested in highlander books and seeing as OUTLANDER is pretty much the most well known highlander book and how much people love this series, I really wanted to check it out. So I managed to find the entire series at the yard sale, but I didn't want to grab all seven(?) books. So I grabbed the first two. The second, DRAGONFLY IN AMBER, just in case I loved Outlander as I'm expecting to. 

So anyways, I hope that I manage to follow my goals for the next two months so I don't end up with an even bigger TBR pile than I already do. *sigh*

Happy Reading, y'all
post signature

Comments

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)