Latest Posts

[Book Haul] October Book Haul!



I know. This looks so ridiculous doesn't it. Because it is. Not only is there this madness, there's also three ebooks that I got too. I'M LIMITING MYSELF TO THREE BOOKS A MONTH NOW OKAY. OKAY.

Anyways, here are the books that I got/received this month:

  • Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness
  • All Fall Down by Ally Carter
  • In The Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken
  • Stone Cold Touch by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  • THE ENTIRE PERCY JACKSON SERIES by Rick Riordan
  • Lailah by Nikki Kelly (ARC & Final Copy) 
  • Talon by Julie Kagawa
  • Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne
  • Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater
  • We Can Work it Out by Elizabeth Eulberg
  • Quidditch Through The Ages by Kennilworthy Whisp (aka J.K. Rowling) 
  • The Palace of Laughter by Jon Berkeley 
  • The Whispers of the Fallen by J.D. Netto
  • Whatever Life Throws At You by Julie Cross
  • Between the Stars and Sky by David James

First off, THANK YOU SO MUCH, SCHOLASTIC CANADA! Thank you fro sending me Blue Lily, Lily Blue, We Can Work It Out and All Fall Down! I'm so so so excited to start reading the new Ally Carter book! I absolutely adored her Heist Society series and I'm excited to be able to marathon the second and third book in the Raven Cycle series!

Thank you so much to Drew from Endlessly Reading for sending me Monument 14 along with the Lailah ARC! He sent it to me as part of our little Traveling ARC thing that we have going. The ARC has a bright future for itself. Watch out. ;)

Thank you so much to Genissa from A Story Diary! She sent me an e-book of The Whispers of the Fallen! She's so absolutely sweet and she puts out fabulous content on her blog/site! I also got Between the Stars and Sky on her recommendation because she loved the book and it was 99 cents on Amazon.

The J.K. Rowling book and The Palace of Laughter, I picked up from going through the books my brother was getting rid of. He was doing a whole clean out of his shelf and so I sorted through them to see if there were any I wanted. I picked those two up and of course I got rid of some old Middle Grade books and some YA that I was never going to read.

I know. You may ask why I picked up the entire Percy Jackson series when I have previously confessed that Percy is one of my favourite book boys and that Percy Jackson is my childhood in a Character Love post. But I saw this new set at Costco. It was $20. for five books. I couldn't resist. And the spines are so pretty!

By this point, I've read In the Afterlight. I actually read it the day it was released. My copy came early because Chapters, the Canadian book retailer, released preorders early. and O.M.G. This book was sooooo good. If you haven't read this series, I sincerely request you reconsider. These books are absolutely fabulous.

ANYWAYS. I'm limiting myself for November. Because October was a little out of hand. I'm only allowed to purchase 3 books a month. That's it. Unless there are circumstances that I find acceptable, like going to a bookish event. That's literally the only circumstance that I can find is acceptable. (Just watch. I might end up making excuses. )


Happy Reading!
post signature

Comments

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)